QUICK GUIDE – TENANTS APPLICATION PROCESS:
COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM WITH FEE
→ PAY DEPOSIT & AGREE MOVE IN DATE
→ TENANCY AGREEMENT IS PROCESSED
→ PAYMENT FIRST MONTHS UPFRONT
→ SIGN TENANCY AGREEMENT & INVENTORY
→ KEY HANDOVER & MOVE IN
PRE-TENANCY TERMS & LETTING PARTICULARS
Prior to application it is important to note that occupancy restrictions may apply as per the individual advertising particulars and the following conditions apply and affect the procedure length.
- The application form must be completed in full
- Each application carries a fee of £90.00 (£75.00 + vat) which is NON REFUNDABLE. The application fee which can be paid by cash, cheque* or via bank transfer, must accompany the application form. Our bank details for Bacs payments are Acc no: 40586668 Sort Code: 201841
*please note cheques may take up to 5 days to clear in our account and the application process will not commence until we have cleared funds
- LHJ will NOT proceed with any application until the requisite documents are received together with the application fee. The required documents to verify identity, address and income must contain EACH of the following:
- Proof of Identity: Passport OR Photo Driving Licence
- Verification of Address Utilities Bill OR Council Tax Summary OR Bank/Building Society Statement OR Telephone Bill (within the last 3 months) *not mobile phone statements*
- Proof of Income: Payslips OR P60/P45/P35 OR Statement of Accounts (i.e. self-assessment within the last 3 months)
- Once the completed application form and fee are received, the application will be forwarded to a reference agency (Rent4Sure Ltd) for a full credit check and reference. During this process ‘Rent4Sure’ may contact you direct for further information. Response time does vary but we normally anticipate receipt of the final report within 72 hours however this will depend on the response time of your Employer and Landlord. Your prospective Landlord will be advised and provided with all the information supplied and asked to provide a decision as quickly as possible.
- Until an Application has been passed successfully, the property will remain available. Any interested parties will be advised if an application has been made.
- Payment of deposit: The deposit is in most cases is equivalent to one month’s rent and must be paid in full (cleared funds) to LHJ prior to the commencement of the tenancy
- Tenancy Agreement: A legal contract between Tenant and Landlord which will outline the terms of the tenancy including amount of rent and payment frequency
- Rent Payment: The first month’s rent is payable in advance upon signing the Tenancy Agreement
- Minimum age per prospective tenant is 18 years.
- In circumstances where a guarantor’s agreement is required, the application procedure is slightly different as the guarantor will complete a Guarantors Application Form. Please note we will be unable to process the Tenancy Agreement unless and until a signed guarantors agreement has been returned TOGETHER with deposit.
- If you change your mind before the tenancy is signed, your deposit will be refunded in full but you will lose your application fee.