QUICK GUIDE – TENANTS APPLICATION PROCESS:
PAY HOLDING DEPOSIT & COMPLETE APPLICATION FORM
→ PAY DEPOSIT & AGREE MOVE IN DATE
→ TENANCY AGREEMENT IS PROCESSED
→ PAYMENT FIRST MONTHS UPFRONT
→ SIGN TENANCY AGREEMENT & INVENTORY
→ KEY HANDOVER & MOVE IN
You will be asked to fill in an online version of this application form with our referencing partner.
PRE-TENANCY TERMS & LETTING PARTICULARS
Prior to application it is important to note that the following conditions apply and affect the procedure length.
- The online application form must be completed in full
- Normally a holding deposit of £100 for rents pcm above £433 (OR 1/52 of the rent pcm below this threshold) is payable at the outset. If your application is successful this amount will be taken off your first months rent.
- We accept cash, cheque* or via bank transfer, our bank details for Bacs payments are Acc no: 40586668 Sort Code: 201841
*please note cheques may take up to 5 days to clear in our account and the application process will not commence until we have cleared funds
- Rent4Sure Ltd is our referencing partner. Their application procedure will request verificaion of identity, address and income with EACH of the following:
- Proof of Identity: Passport OR Photo Driving Licence
- Verification of Address Utilities Bill OR Council Tax Summary OR Bank/Building Society Statement OR Telephone Bill (within the last 3 months) *not mobile phone statements*
- Proof of Income: Payslips OR P60/P45/P35 OR Statement of Accounts (i.e. self-assessment within the last 3 months)
- Rent4Sure Ltd will conduct a full credit check and reference. During this process they may contact you direct for further information. Response time does vary but we normally anticipate receipt of the final report within 72 hours however this will depend on the response time of your Employer and Landlord.
- Any interested parties will be advised if an application has been made for any property
- Payment of deposit: The remainder of the deposit is in most cases is equivalent to one month’s rent and must be paid in full (cleared funds) to LHJ prior to the commencement of the tenancy
- Tenancy Agreement: A legal contract between Tenant and Landlord which will outline the terms of the tenancy including amount of rent and payment frequency
- Rent Payment: The first month’s rent is payable in advance upon signing the Tenancy Agreement
- Minimum age per prospective tenant is 18 years.
- In circumstances where a guarantor’s agreement is required, the application procedure is slightly different as the guarantor will complete a Guarantors Application Form. Please note we will be unable to process the Tenancy Agreement unless and until a signed guarantors agreement has been returned TOGETHER with holding deposit.
- The Holding deposit is refundable – If we withdraw from the proposed agreement
- The Holding deposit is not refundable – If you provide false or misleading information; fail a right to rent check; withdraw from the proposed agreement; fail to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement.